The Snowcation Continues

We are now on day four of our "Snowcation." Unreal.


Mark is out shoveling AGAIN.

We have enjoyed our four days off from school and the federal government, but cannot believe what the last week has brought us!

I did not post pictures of the snow yesterday but let me give you a little review.

Blizzard conditions. White outs across the metro region.



No public buses running. No above ground subway lines running. Again.


Yesterday was perhaps the most severe day of weather as winds gusted up to 50 mph.


It was so cold and so windy that the snow even made its way into our house. Yes, that's with the glass door closed. Amazing.



Mark took the opportunity to do a little work inside the house (he only shoveled ONCE yesterday). He recaulked our bathroom tile...and did an outstanding job of it!



I worked on finishing up projects that have been way overdue.

Soba just chilled on our bed with Timmy.


Here are pictures from Mark's daily shovel job.



He's holding up three fingers in the one picture for the third snow storm that he's been a shoveling fool!


Last night for dinner I decided to make a pot roast without the meat---what makes it pot roast then? Well, my argument is that really the tastiest part of the pot roast is the soft potatoes and carrots and onions that come with it. We also bought baby bella mushrooms for our stir fry the day before but forgot to add them in so we added them to last night's dinner. I called mom and got the heads up as to what to do for the broth since I didn't have a pot roast package. She gave me the perfect recipe!

I had already cut up one white onion, three garlics (not the bulb!), four white potatoes, and seven carrots.

To that mom suggested I add:

2 cups of vegetable broth
1 veggie broth bullion cube for extra flavor (I actually added a total of three veggie bullion cubes and found it to be perfect!)
a dash of Crazy Jane's salt
Bay leaves
Parsley
1/2 cup of red wine (I added closer to a cup)

I let it cook in the crockpot for 4 hours and whoop! There it was! A perfect wintry night meal! It was filling but didn't leave us feeling gluttonous. I loved it and so did Mark.



Last night we decided to watch Couples Retreat. HI-LAR-I-OUS! Mark and I had a great evening. Here's the trailer. If you haven't already seen it, we highly recommend it. If you have seen it, we recommend you watch it again. :)



School was out again TODAY, but it's a beautiful and sunny day here. Mark is out shoveling AGAIN--there's just nowhere to go with all of the snow.


We're looking forward to getting out soon and heading to the gym and then to the dog park for Soba.



No word yet if tomorrow will be another snow day. Still no public buses running and no above ground subway today. The kids didn't have school scheduled anyway since it was a PD day for teachers...I will keep you posted!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog