Sunday

We were supposed to run the Jingle Bell 10K this morning. But when the alarm went off at 6 am and we peered out the window we weren't feeling so motivated. The sleet on the awning coupled with the cold temperature just didn't beckon us to the start line. Instead, we turned around and buried ourselves back in our bed.

We felt a little guilty that we didn't do the run, but after the extra sleep, we didn't dwell on it too much. We got dressed and headed to my school for a work morning in my classroom. Mark dropped Snoodles and I off at my school and got us a great breakfast from Firehook Bakery--fresh coffee (from Starbucks), potatoes, and an egg and cheese sandwich on a fresh croissant....decadent!


We graded for a while and left when they were locking up the building. Mark went to the gym to work on his triathlon physique and I finished more grading. Then, when he got back, I decided to go for my 10K run. I was feeling guilty that I didn't run this morning, so I decided to run the race course. I went down toward the FDR Memorial on West Potomac Drive and ran along the water and onto Haines Point. It was perfect running weather--40 degrees, cloudy, the pavement was still wet. I was definitely all alone out on the Point. There were no other runners, two bikers, and some cars parked. It was very tranquil. I was 45 minutes into my run and just about to leave Haines Point when a huge red fox ran across my path. It was a total Chickasaw moment. I'm glad I slept in this morning and waited to go running this afternoon.

This evening we baked these awesome chocolate chip Reese's peanut butter cup cookies that we learned about from my brother's friend Melissa.

They sounded so easy to make that I had to try them myself. We used mini muffin pans and Tollhouse cookie dough. Mark unwrapped the mini Reese's cup.


I scooped enough cookie dough into each tin to fill the tin.


We cooked them at 375 degrees fro 7 minutes.


As soon as the timer went off, we pulled the trays from the oven and put a Reese's cup in the middle of the soft baked dough.



Waiting for them to cool was agony! (Notice the gooey chocolate running in the bottom cookies!)


But when we could finally scoop one out of the tin....



well...



the results were....



DELICIOUS!



What a great start to the week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog